Wednesday 9 June 2010

NOTD: China Glaze - Flip Flop Fantasy (Neon)

Hi Everyone,
Yesterday I finally got to pop into Sally's, the nearest one to me is located in a different city where I usually don't shop so this would be the second visit I've ever made. The China Glaze and OPI polishes that they do stock is fairly limited and a couple of the colours I wanted were out of stock so I shall be ordering those from Ebay- which works out slightly cheaper anyway.

Flip Flop Fantasy is a neon which looks very different depending on the light source, when I put this on last night it looked more of a pink toned coral, while today in natural light it's a way more orange toned coral that is quite milky looking. I think that my skin tone makes it look a bit more orange toned as in the bottle it is slightly more pink. So this is pretty much a milky pink/coral neon which is a colour I haven't seen before- I think this would look absolutely beautiful against a darker skin tone.

Taking pictures of neons is always a challenge as the glare does alter the colour making it look in most cases drastically different. All of my indoor pictures came out as a neon bright pink, with the exception of one which looked like a pastel orange... so I settled for taking them outside with my camera's 'Flower' setting on which is just a slow shutter speed with no flash and it managed to capture a good representation of the colour. Looking at it in person it is a lot more glow-y and bright.


 (click to enlarge)


(click to enlarge)

This is 3 coats of Flip Flop Fantasy with the usual base coat and topcoat of Barry M 3 In 1 nail paint. My experience with creamy neons is generally that they take around 3 coats to be completely even, but they do dry matte making them dry extremely fast.

-LadyDanger
xxx

13 comments:

  1. I've been contemplating getting this for the last week or so and now I'm completely sold! Looks gorgeous on you, great post & NOTD :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colour is very beautiful :):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The coral looks pretty! I got Pool Party which is a lot more pink but agree they are a nightare to photograph! I love your daisy lawn :) all we have is dandylions in ours lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab shade and great pictures! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this colour and need it in my life for Summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh love it! Perfect for Summer :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty colour - i love it
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. this colour is lovely :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great color! love the background in the pic ;-)
    http://fallingformakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this colour! So pretty and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ Hannah - it really is a great colour, especially for summer! Glad you like it hehe.

    @Gemma - ooh that one's such a lovely colour! I was torn between the 2 but I ended up getting a different neon pink also instead :) Haha I can assure you we have some dandelions too - the garden's a bit of a jungle at the moment, there's huge patches of daisies, buttercups and even mushrooms! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this color at the Nail Salon and had to have it on my toes. But when I saw it on my tanned skin, I just had to have it on my hands as well. I absolutely love this color! Everyone commented and loved it as well. Definitely a head-turner;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I OWN THIS AND I LOVE IT! It looks awesome on my toes, and on my finger nails it is so bright it looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete