Wednesday 12 May 2010

Beyoncé Inspired Makeup: Why Don't You Love Me

Hi everyone,
I thought I'd do a look based on one of the looks Beyoncé wore during the new 'Why Don't You Love Me' music video, from the scenes where she's drinking and crying whilst on the phone in the bedroom.




For some reason my camera made my lid colour look a lot darker than it appeared, making the cut crease look slightly less contrasted. I really wanted to do the tears, I've seen a few youtube tutorials already for this look but none of them included them - and now I know why they were a nightmare to do! I didn't realise the black pigment I used mixed with fix + was iridescent so it has a green duochrome effect, and didn't keep the wet look effect at all. Oh well you live and learn ;)

If anyone's not familiar with the look this is it:

I always screen cap the makeup in music videos to see the makeup from a couple of different angles.

Products Used:
Face:

Maybelline Dream Creamy Foundation - applied with fingers, my MAC 109 has DIED and is shedding everywhere. Not impressed.
MAC Pearl Cream Colour Base
ELF Blush/Bronzing duo - just the bronzer.
Revlon Skinlights Illuminator - the darker golden brown colour used as an all over bronzer, I love this stuff I wish they hadn't discontinued it. I have to buy it on eBay now.
eBay false lashes.

Eyes:
Lid: Sleek Graphite palette - champagne colour + Urban Decay - Half Baked
Highlight: NYX Jumbo Pencil - Milk, Sleek Graphite palette - white.
Cut crease: MAC Brun and Carbon shadows.
Inner corner: NYX Smokey eye palette - off-white colour.
MAC Penultimate Eyeliner - Rapidblack
Lancome black khol liner - sorry the writing has rubbed off
Loreal Super liner - Carbon Black
Brows - MAC Brun

Lips:
Rimmel Moisture Renew lipstick - Nicely Nude
Boots Natural Collection lipstick - Apple Blossom
Rimmel 1000 Kisses Lipliner - no idea what name, nude brown colour.


- LadyDanger
xxx

25 comments:

  1. Great look! I LOVE this video, there's some really great makeup in it! I really like the look where she has the black winged eyeliner and neon coral lip. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love it! You have some serious skills! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you are seriously talented! Love the winged eyeliner. Just gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is just incredible it's AMAZING I love it ! You should totally do a look based on the latest Christina Aguilera music video, because I would LOVE to see what you would do...You are so talented lol it's almost unfair =)

    Chloe

    ReplyDelete
  5. urgh. AMAZING. again.

    <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thanks everyone!

    @Ellie - yes! she has really nice makeup in this video :)

    @Chloe, ooh yes I'm definitely planning it, I finally have a pair of false lashes that would work with it. She has so many amazing looks in it :) And wow thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with everyone else..so talented!

    Looks amazing x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I actually love the duo chrome effect the tears have!! I havent seen this video but your makeup looks amazing regardless if its inspired or not ;p

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so talented, this is amazing!

    May
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant, and I love Beyonce so thumbs up all round!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty look! I actually like yours better than Beyonce's :)

    jetleah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it (and the song) !

    www.beautyandtheblogger.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is gorgeous! You're really talented xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW!!! That looks so amazing!!! You really are talented. Thanks for sharing with us :)

    XOXO

    Thanks for following btw...

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg u hv talent and u soo preety... ^^

    ReplyDelete
  16. the make and your hair color is perfectly match!

    ReplyDelete
  17. ooh That is so pretty I didn't even know the video existed! Love how you did the leaking mascara and eyeliner, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. AMAZING!!!! You're so talented and I just loveeeeee your work. Keep doing what you do, seriously!!! Love it! X

    ReplyDelete
  19. One word...AMAZING!!! :)
    Looking forward to more celebrity inspired looks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Holy crap, I actually like yours WAY better than Beyonce's! Your application is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I read a lot of blogs but honestly no-ones make-up looks have me in so much awe as yours. Your beyond talented... stunning artistic looks!

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Criostiona - oh my goodness, wow thank you so much lovely!! xx

    ReplyDelete